Job Title: Medical Assistant (MA) in the Northern Arizona Orthopaedics, inside the Summit Center, located at 1485 N. Turquoise Drive in Flagstaff.
General Summary: Northern Arizona Orthopaedics is an independent, physician-owned practice with a community of 80+ employees, 12 physicians and 4 locations throughout Northern Arizona. Our hallmark is our people and their united efforts to deliver exceptional orthopaedic and spine care to our customers – patients. At NAO, our professional Medical Assistants are key members of a very tight, integrated team.
The main responsibility for a Medical Assistant at NAO is to work with multiple patients daily, assisting our physicians and physician assistants during clinic, in the exam room and with clerical duties. This role relies heavily on use of computers, phones and personal interactions with the patients. The NAO MA must be a strong multi-tasker, practical thinker and customer-service minded individual. Communication skills are a must.
- Assist Physician and physician assistant in exam rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interview patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician or physician assistant,
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is filed and available in the patient’s medical record, prior to their appointment.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, and prepare sterilization, as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physician and physician assistants.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (ie. Refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid changes, etc.)
- High School Diploma
- Medical Assistant certification, preferred
- Healthcare fields and Orthopaedics
- Medical terminology
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) software
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
* If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your response and resume directly to Rebecca Wilson, Northern Arizona Orthopaedics Human Resources: email@example.com. For more information call Rebecca at 928-226-2914.