Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR)
In the Spine and Pain Center, a person suffering from acute to moderate neck and back pain has multiple options for their care. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR), Pain Management (also known as Pain Medicine) and Interventional Pain Management, are all offered in the Center as non-surgical services. Designed to treat a wide range of painful nerve and muscle conditions, impairments and disorders, the team accurately pinpoint the cause of pain (often by performing an EMG test) and personalizes a treatment plan right for each patient. Treatments range from physical therapy, to injection therapy, to holistic forms of therapy centered around each patient’s lifestyle and specific needs.
Physiatrists like Dr. Ledington are medical doctors who:
- Are experts at diagnosing and treating pain
- Restore maximum function lost through injury, illness or disabling conditions
- Treat the whole person, not just the problem area
- Collaborate with a team of medical professionals
- Provide non-surgical treatments for pain
- Help you manage your medical problems and treatment plan
- Work not only on treatment, but also prevention
Types of conditions treated in the Spine and Pain Center without surgery:
- Chronic Pain
- Neck Pain (CAD)
- Disc Degeneration
- Facet Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Radiculopathy (cervical)
- Low back pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Compression Fractures
- Post-Polio Syndrome
- Sports-Related Injuries
- Work-related Injuries and overuse injuries
Dr. John Ledington is a physiatrist – a type of doctor who specializes in non-surgical care and Interventional Pain Management procedures. Dr. Ledington is a long-standing Flagstaff local who is passionate about providing non-surgical comfort, function and pain relief care to his community. Included on his team is Stephen Randazzo, FNP.
This pain clinic within the Spine and Pain Center, is designed for those living with chronic pain who are motivated by self-care and interested in all available treatments beyond medication therapy. We understand that pain is much more than just a physical sensation. It’s a holistic condition, which affects the whole person, mentally, behaviorally and spiritually, too. Our services focus on a comprehensive approach to pain management.
- Our patients are motivated to improve quality of life and function
- Our patients are motivated to practice self-care and wellness
- Our patients want to avoid 100-percent reliance on opioid medications to manage their pain
- Our pain specialist will discuss requirements with you in detail, before any care plan is agreed upon
Our Pain Wellness Clinic specialist:
This team works side-by-side with the orthopaedic spine surgeons in the Spine and Pain Center. Patients receive end-to-end care, integrated all through one Center. To schedule a visit in the Spine and Pain Center, please call 928-774-7757.
Watch a VIDEO – click on a non-surgical spine procedures or treatment below:
Physiatry Medical Team for Pain
Expert Doctors in this Area
Expert PAs and NPs in this Area of Expertise
Michelle Boyer, PA-C
Stephen Randazzo, N.P.