Job Title: PBX Operator / Patient Navigator in the Patient Communications Team at Northern Arizona Orthopaedics inside the Summit Center, located at 1485 N. Turquoise Drive in Flagstaff.
General Summary: Northern Arizona Orthopaedics is an independent, physician-owned practice with a community of 80+ employees, 11 physicians and 4 locations throughout Northern Arizona. Our hallmark is our people and their united efforts to deliver exceptional orthopaedic and spine care to our customers – patients. The Patient Communications Representatives are part of a tight, integrated team whose primary function is to provide a welcoming, pleasant first-experience for patients.
This job’s primary role is two-fold – and involves providing verbal (50%) AND face-to-face (50%) customer service. As a PBX Operator, responsibilities include answering phones while accurately and efficiently processing a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls providing information to callers and responding to caller requests in a professional, courteous and polite manner. As Patient Navigator, responsibilities include greeting patients as they arrive for their appointment and assisting them in getting checked in. Both duties relies heavily on use of computers, ipads, phones and personal interactions with the patients. This individual must be a strong multi-tasker, practical thinker and customer-service minded individual. Communication skills are a must.
- Assist other members of the Patient Communications team – rotating stations, days and duties, as needed
- Answer main telephone switchboard and field a high volume of calls
- Assist with scheduling, registration, prepping paperwork for clinic, in addition to other tasks
- Fulfill departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of Northern Arizona Orthopaedics
- High School Diploma
- Basic knowledge of healthcare industry
- Medical terminology
- Strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Skilled in technology, i.e. computers, phones
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent customer service (fact-to-face) skills
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette
* If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your response and resume directly to Rebecca Wilson, Northern Arizona Orthopaedics Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call Rebecca at 928-226-2914.