Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) at our Flagstaff clinic location, inside the Summit Center
Northern Arizona Orthopaedics is an independent, physician-owned practice with a workforce of 80+ employees, 11 physicians and 5 locations throughout Northern Arizona. Our hallmark is our people and their unified efforts to deliver exceptional orthopaedic care to our customers -the residents and visitors of northern Arizona. At NAO, our Certified Medical Assistants are key members of a high-quality, efficient and integrated care team.
The main responsibilities for a Certified Medical Assistant at NAO is to serve and communicate with multiple patients daily, assisting our providers during clinic, while performing various clerical duties. This role relies heavily on use of computers, phones and personal interactions with the patients. CMAs must be strong multi-taskers, practical thinkers and customer-service minded individuals. Personable communication skills are a must.
- Assist Physician and physician assistant in exam rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interview patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician, NP or PA.
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is filed and available in the patient’s medical record, prior to their appointment.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, and prepare sterilization, as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physician and physician assistants.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (ie. Refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid changes, etc.)
- High School Diploma
- Medical Assistant certification,required
- Healthcare fields
- Medical terminology
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) software
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Certified Medical Assistant
Please apply for this position through Indeed.com.