Yuri Lewicky, M.D., is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon with extensive training in the surgical and nonsurgical treatment of shoulder and knee injuries. His expertise is in arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery and treatment of athletic injuries.
His training includes fellowships in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine, which included caring for the San Diego Padres and the Division 1 athletic teams of San Diego State University and University of California, San Diego. Dr. Lewicky also has a long history of serving as the orthopaedic physician for Northern Arizona University Athletics and local high schools.
In treating patients, Dr. Lewicky strives to provide them with what he would expect in a physician: clear communication, a thorough understanding of the condition and treatment, and when necessary, the highest level of surgical skill. Through past personal experiences, he understands the enormity of a potentially life-changing injury, and the importance of returning to normal activities as soon as possible.
In his free time, he escapes outdoors and enjoys alpine skiing, extreme backcountry hiking, water sports and spending time with family.
- Fellowship: Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine University of California, San Diego, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency University of Arizona Health Sciences Center,Tucson, AZ
- Doctor of Medicine University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ
- BS and BA Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arizona Orthopaedic Society
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Partnering orthopaedic physician, Northern Arizona University Athletics
- Team Physician, Flagstaff High School
Here is an article on Shoulder Impingment written by Dr Lewicky.
“I am committed to serving my patients’ orthopaedic needs by providing the highest quality of treatment and service possible.”
”He explained the procedure I needed and also how the condition was caused, and all my
questions were answered so I could understand them.“
”His manner showed caring; he was attentive, asked questions, and listened carefully to the
”He was really understanding and really helpful. He (Dr. Yuri M. Lewicky at Northern Arizona
Orthopaedics) also wasn't quick to do surgery, but instead wanted to try alternative treatments
and use surgery as a last resort.“