Dr. Martin is an orthopaedic surgeon fellowship trained in hip and knee replacement, also known as arthroplasty. He is the newest member of the Arthritis and Fracture Care Center inside the Summit Center.
Dr. Martin is a compassionate and skilled surgeon who cares for patients from all walks of life. Pain from arthritis and degenerative diseases of the hip and knee can be debilitating. Dr. Martin finds joy in alleviating patients’ pain by providing the best care he can. This dedicated surgeon has sought out advanced training by completing a fellowship to further specialize in joint replacement and adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee. Dr. Martin also treats general orthopaedic problems and traumatic injuries like broken bones or fractures.
With specialized training in the innovative anterior approach for total hip replacement, as well as lateral and posterior approaches, Dr. Martin is able to offer his patients multiple options for their care plans because of his expertise. Along with conventional alignment techniques, he is trained in navigation, which uses a high-tech camera to gain a better view inside the body and around the joint areas during surgery. These different surgical approaches allow Dr. Martin to give individualized, personal care based on a patient’s needs while practicing with cutting-edge technology and skill.
Dr. Martin was raised in a small town at the base of Mt. Hood in Oregon. He and his wife, Camie, love the outdoors and are excited to raise their three children in the mountains of Flagstaff. Dr. Martin enjoys being a father most of all. In his spare time, he loves to recreate with his family, play tennis, basketball and almost any other sport. He enjoys the arts and his favorite play is Phantom of the Opera. He looks forward to serving the community of Flagstaff and northern Arizona.
Other surgeons in the Arthritis and Fracture Care Center:
- Hip and Knee Joint Reconstruction Fellowship University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency University of Florida College of Medicine - Jacksonville, with rotations at Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Doctorate of Medicine University of Utah, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering with University Honors Bringham Young University, Provo, UT
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Medical volunteer work with CRUDEM (Center for the Rural Development of Milot) Foundation, Milot, Haiti, 2014
- Engineers Without Borders, Salkantay, Peru, 2008
- Mission trip, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ghana, May 2002 -June 2004