A board certified orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist, Joel Rohrbough, M.D., has been caring for athletes, visitors and residents of Flagstaff for more than 16 years. A member of the Sports Medicine Center, Dr. Rohrbough specializes in surgical and non-surgical treatment of shoulder, knee and elbow injuries and conditions. Fellowship educated, he has advanced training in areas such as:
- Arthroscopic treatment of shoulder dislocation, instability, and labral tears
- Arthroscopic treatment of rotator cuff disease and impingement
- Meniscus injury repair
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction
- Cartilage replacement/transplantation in young, active patients
- Meniscus transplantation
- Arthritis of the shoulder and knee
- Elbow instability and cartilage injury
- Treatment of severe rotator cuff tears
Dr. Rohrbough’s expertise in Sports Medicine allowed him to care for some impressive teams, including the New York Giants, New York Mets, the New York Power women’s professional soccer team, as well as several Division I university athletic teams. Dr. Rohrbough has served as an orthopaedic consultant for NAU athletic teams, and was previously the orthopaedic team physician for Sinagua High School and the High Altitude Sports Training Complex in Flagstaff. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor for A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine, and a surgical instructor of orthopaedic surgeons for Arthrex Inc.
Dr. Rohrbough graduated Pepperdine University in Malibu, with a B.A. in Sports medicine, followed by medical school at Loma Linda University in southern California, where he also received his training in orthopaedic surgery. His professional advancement took him to Tucson where he practiced as an orthopaedic surgeon in the U.S. Air Force. His expertise and quality were recognized and during his time in Tucson, Dr. Rohrbough was appointed Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Arizona (UA) School of Medicine, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery.
A researcher and author of numerous medical periodical articles, Dr. Rohrbough’s work has even been featured in Climbing magazine. In his free time, Dr. Rohrbough enjoys skiing, waterskiing, rock climbing and cycling with his wife and two children.
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Doctorate of Medicine Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arizona Orthopaedic Society
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Partnering Orthopaedic Team Physician, Northern Arizona University
“Prompt assessment and treatment of sports injuries is key to getting athletes back to what they do best. This is why I am committed to my patients being seen as quickly as possible.”
”Dr. Rohrbough's surgery and his team has made me feel important and the surgery on my shoulder has been up to my expectations. I am completely satisfied with my care.”“